Saturday, May 22, 2010

1 Know your Music I - Flobots


It is hard to merge hip-hop and rock under one label but if it goes well the results are phenomenal taking a good hard look at the band Linkin Park who dominated in the music industry in the late late 90's to early 2000. Well yeah, I guess Linkin's a little bit Electronica anyway, yesterday I came across a new band while surfing undertaking the same genre as aforementioned and they were freaking awesome I tell you.

Flobots is a band who sprung from Denver, Colorado in 2000. Currently they have 6 members plus 1 session meber for the trumpet. They say they got influenced by many artists such as The Root, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Outkast, Kanye West, to name a few. Be sure to look up their myspace for more details.


You are not wrong boys - you are definitely looking at a hot violinist chick to the right. Now this is what we call a real band.

I am encouraging you to check out Flobots and their awesome tune, Handle Bars under their album Fight with Tools (2007) under Universal Republic Records.


Aside from this, I am also urging you to listen to their other songs under the same album such as The Rhythm Method, Jetpack, and The Moon. You'd expect that their beats will be agitating deducing from the nature of their combined genre but you'll be surprised that their music is somewhat soothing. Their lyrics altogether are not your typical improperly fitted jargons. The rhythm of their songs are just epic, very original, and crisp. Check it out for yourself.


Their newest song White Flag Warrior featuring Tim McIlrath is kind of catchy too so I guess if you liked the songs above you'd definitely Youtube this one up too.

Flobots get a solid 8.5 stars out of ten.

Comments :

1
glentot said...
on  

I haven't had a chance to listen but I like the artwork.

Know your Music I - Flobots ~ SHOCKING TRUTHS